Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Psychic Journey: Part Two

So I got through chapter 3 a few days ago.  It’s taken me a while to write anything about it because I had to have time to reread, study, and wrap my head around the whole thing.  The title of chapter 3 is “The Imagination of the Psychic: Patterns of Vibrations”.  It’s taken me a while just to think about the chapter title, what the heck is Dr. Reed talking about.
When you see a psychic detective on TV or something, sometimes the psychic can touch a picture or an object belonging to a missing person, and they claim they are picking up vibrations.  This seems kind of strange to me, don’t vibrations usually produce some sort of sound?  I thought only tangible things could vibrate.  But Edgar Cayce said that thoughts are things, they can vibrate away, and psychics can pick up on those vibrations.  How you they do this?  You may ask.  By the concept of oneness.  Science deals a lot with the small side of things, the atoms, the chemicals, and the chemical reactions.  If you want to look at the world psychically, it’s better to approach things in a macro sort of way, or holistically.  Seeing everything at once, seeing how things connect.  What I gathered from this whole notion is that a psychic needs to see everything at the same time to be useful.  They need not pay attention to little things like molecules bouncing around, but instead, they need to notice that the world is one unit.  Here is where I start to question this whole thing.  Don’t psychics thrive of vague generalities?  Don’t broad statements pertaining to a wide number of people make psychics their fame and money?  I think I’m over analyzing and putting words in Dr. Reed’s mouth again, so I’ll continue.
Creativity and imagination, as stated in the title of this chapter are extremely important in the psychic process.  I know it’s easy to think that if a person is creative, they can easily make up their perception of the world and tailor everything to their own creative specifications.  I might think that way as well.  I believe that I am a very creative person; so if I try my hand at being psychic, won’t my creativity just get in the way?  Dr. Reed has a different opinion on creativity.  He says that it’s the basis for psychic energy.  In the physical world, it usually takes opposing forces working together, or against each other, I guess, to create energy.  The creative mind can do almost the same thing.  Creative people see both sides of things, two sides of a situation, either side of an idea, and so on.  If you think really hard about it, I suppose it makes sense that a creative mind can spark some sort of energy, and I guess the only way that energy is measured is through psychic ability.  Edgar Cayce spoke of the fourth dimension as a realm of ideas.  In this dimension, ideas can become so tangible and real that it is this place that the psychic needs to tune into.  The physical manifestation of ideas is how the psychic picks up on vibration of thought.
Things really started making sense to me when I got to the matter of pattern recognition.  I think it is here that some of this psychic theory started to click.  I’m still not a psychic, but I’m getting to the point of understanding where they are coming from.  According to what I think I read, the best way to start on the road to becoming a psychic, one has to examine their own life first.  This can be done by pattern recognition.  If you look at patterns in your own life, your actions, even your dreams; I think that opens up a new level of awareness.  And if you can see patterns in your own life, I bet you can start picking up on patterns of other people.
There is a whole lot more to this chapter, but I’m not doing a book report.  I’m taking a psychic journey.  The main point I gathered from this chapter is that imagination is not used by a psychic to make false realities, but to see the world as it really is; to imagine the world as a single entity, to see how everything fits together.  Unimaginative people are stuck in their own little world, in their own little lives; they can barely see beyond their own nose.  Imaginative people can reach out to the far corners of the earth; they can see the world for what it is and what it can be.  Also, in order to become a psychic, you have to believe that it’s a possibility.  I guess I need to open my mind even more.
I’m still not a psychic, but I think I’m getting to the point where I am more sensitive toward others around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment